Sunday 11 December 2011

North East Run 2011

This is a long overdue race review. Suppose to post earlier but was quite busy recent months.

The North East Run race venue was quite near to my house. This is the event where I can reach with taking a bus ride.



The race venue is at the Pasir Ris park, so I took this chance to warm up by slow jogging to the venue.



There's not much runners participating in this event as there are 2 more races were held on this day, which are the Salomon X Trail Run and Swissotel Vertical Marathon.





Quite surprise when the VIP (Mr Teo Chee Hean) walked passed me towards the stage.



The direction and distance markers were placed accurately.





The route is kind of boring as we have to run 2 loops (14km). I would prefer East Coast Park route as the road is wider and beautiful scenery. Maybe next year they should extend their route to Punggol Waterway.





The volunteers were reaching out to pass the drinks to the runners.



This uncle keep cheering for us, clapping his hand and smile non-stop to the runners passing by him.





At last I have reached the end of the race.





Collecting my medal.



A lot of bananas awaiting for us. Sorry to say I have grabbed 2 bananas. =) Too hungry.



Cold 100 plus from the chiller box.





The front of the finisher medal.



Back of the medal

For more photos, do like my Facebook page @ facebook.com/RunShootPost

Race Details
Date:       20 November 2011
Time:       7:00 am (14 km)
                 8:00 am (7 km)
                 8:30 am (4 km)
Venue:     Pasir Ris Park